As many people know we don’t use chicken eggs any more due to our youngest boys allergies to the chicken egg whites. Many labels on a lot of store-bought mayo state that only chicken egg yolks are used. But still, why mess with it. Plus the store-bought stuff has lots of other junk in it.
Our recipe has changed over the last couple years we have been making it. We have done a YouTube video on this as well but our recipe has changed since then as well. But HERE IS A LINK to that video. What you can take away from that video is how to blend the oil into the eggs SLOWLY.
- 2 Large Eggs (we use duck)
- 2 cups Oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon Mustard (Dijon)
- Add egg yolks, mustard, vinegar, and salt to container. Start blending with submersible blender.
- Add about 1/2 cup of oil to mixture with blender still going
- Now SLOWLY ****SLOWLY***** add the rest of the oil with the blender going. After adding about a total of 1 cup (or a little more) the mixture should start thickening. Keep adding the rest of the oil (and more if needed) to get the thickness you desire.